The Hyperbolic Stretching program is a self-paced online workout program that promises to help you become more flexible in just 4 weeks. You can follow the stretching exercises in the videos from the comfort of your home once you buy the program from the official website.
But wait, is this program legit? Can it really make you more flexible? Let’s delve into the details and find out together.
What is Hyperbolic Stretching?
Hyperbolic stretching is a 4-week online program created by Alex Larsson. It promises to help you become more flexible while also strengthening your muscles.
The program consists of a set of videos that you can watch online and at your own pace for 30 days. Each day, you’ll do an 8-minute stretching routine.
It utilizes specific training protocols and sets/reps combinations to target the muscle survival reflex, also known as the myotatic reflex, which accelerates safe flexibility gains.
You can buy this program at the official website at a discounted price of $27 and if you don’t like it, you can request a full refund within 60 days. Plus, you’ll have access to the videos forever.
Curious about what’s inside? Well, the hyperbolic stretching program includes:
- 4 Weeks to Side Splits video series
- 4 Weeks to Front Splits video series
- Dynamic Flexibility and Stretching
- Complete Upper Body Stretching
- Pike Mastery
- Easy Bridge
FYI: When you buy the program, they ask you to choose between the “women” and “men” versions. Why? Well, they think men and women have different reactions to stretching. There is some old evidence to support this idea, but there are many other stretching routines that include everyone.
How does Hyperbolic Stretching work?
On its own
To perform the hyperbolic stretching program, simply follow the provided online videos. Each routine should be done for approximately 8 minutes per day, at least 4 days per week.
The hyperbolic stretching program consists of 5 stages:
- Warm-up series
- Split test
- Week 1–3 exercises
- Week 4 exercises
- Flexibility maintenance routine
As you progress through the program, the complexity of each exercise increases. It is important to note that these exercises can be safely performed individually.
However, it is essential to get your blood flowing before exercising, especially for dynamic stretches. If you experience pain beyond discomfort while stretching, stop immediately. Consult your doctor or a physical therapist if you have any questions.
Hyperbolic Stretching works by training your central nervous system, which controls muscle flexibility and contraction.
By targeting the myotatic reflex and its opposite, the inverse myotatic reflex, this program helps your muscles become more flexible and relaxed.
Through a combination of muscular contractions and deep muscle relaxation, Hyperbolic Stretching promotes flexibility gains during each stretching session.
Incorporating into your existing routine
Each exercise routine in the hyperbolic stretching program only takes 8 minutes to complete. If you want to add these moves to your workout routine, try incorporating them as warm-up or post-workout stretches.
Pro tip: Keep in mind that some exercises in the hyperbolic stretching program are considered advanced. If you are just starting out, avoid pushing yourself too hard.
Benefits of Hyperbolic Stretching
- Reduced Pain & Stiffness: By targeting specific muscle groups, Hyperbolic Stretching can relieve discomfort in areas such as the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Natural Posture Correction: This program helps improve flexibility and strength, which can lead to better posture and a reduction in muscle tightness.
- Enhanced Athletic Performance: Hyperbolic Stretching can benefit athletes in activities like running, cycling, and golf by improving speed, stamina, and range of motion.
- Bladder & Bowel Control: Lower body stretching routines in the program contribute to strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, aiding in bladder and bowel control.
- Fast Progress in Yoga & Martial Arts: Hyperbolic Stretching’s focus on muscle flexibility can accelerate progress in yoga and martial arts by increasing the range of motion.
- Injury Prevention & Recovery: Proper stretching techniques can help prevent injuries, reduce post-workout soreness, and speed up recovery.
- Improved Sleep & Reduced Stress: Stretching before bedtime can promote better sleep and reduce stress levels.
- Enhanced Circulation & Vitality: The program includes gentle dynamic and isometric exercises that can improve circulation and overall vitality.
- Hip Replacement Recovery: Hyperbolic Stretching can be an essential part of the rehabilitation process after a hip replacement, aiding in mobility and flexibility recovery.
What Makes Hyperbolic Stretching Different?
Hyperbolic Stretching stands out from other stretching programs due to its focus on targeting the myotatic reflex and the inverse myotatic reflex.
The hyperbolic stretching program incorporates muscular contractions and deep relaxation, which maximizes flexibility gains in a shorter period.
This program also offers specific routines for different muscle groups and addresses a wide range of benefits, making it a comprehensive stretching solution.
Who is it best for?
This program is most suitable for individuals who are already active and familiar with dynamic stretching. The company appears to target individuals engaged in various physical activities, including:
Who might not be a good fit?
Although the official website claims that “everyone can use it,” there are a few exceptions. The hyperbolic stretching plan may not be suitable for you if you:
- Suffer from chronic pain
- Are recovering from a joint or muscle injury/surgery
- Are just starting to incorporate stretching into your routine
- Effective and efficient: Hyperbolic Stretching provides results in just 8 minutes a day.
- Beginner-friendly: The program accommodates both beginners and advanced practitioners.
- No equipment required: You can perform the routines at home without the need for any specialized equipment.
- Lifetime access: Once you purchase the program, you have lifetime access to the content, allowing you to start anytime and replay the sessions whenever you need.
- Requires consistency: To achieve optimal results, regular practice is necessary.
- Individual results may vary: Each person’s flexibility and progress may differ based on their starting point and dedication.
How much does hyperbolic stretching cost?
Hyperbolic Stretching offers a one-time payment of $27. The program provides excellent value for its lifetime access and comprehensive content.
Hyperbolic Stretching is a 4-week online stretching program that offers an efficient and effective way to improve flexibility, relieve muscle discomfort, and enhance overall well-being.
Whether you’re doing the hyperbolic stretching challenge or not, stretching before and after exercising is super important to keep you safe from sustaining injuries. Don’t forget to do it!
If you are looking to enhance your flexibility, relieve muscle tension, and improve your overall well-being then you may want to try Hyperbolic Stretching.
With positive reviews and success stories, it is a promising solution for individuals seeking to unlock their flexibility potential. Remember to practice regularly and enjoy the benefits of Hyperbolic Stretching in your daily life.
If you’re recovering from an injury or surgery, make sure to talk to your doctor before trying this exercise plan. They can help you figure out if it’s safe for you or not.
Money Back Guaraantee?
Yes, Hyperbolic Stretching offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. So if you are not satisfied with your results, you can ask for a full refund.
- Hoge K, et al. (2010). Gender differences in musculotendinous stiffness and range of motion after an acute bout of stretching.